Monday 6 May 2013

A day at the fair

It has been a beautiful bank holiday Monday and I've had an amazing day so I'm in a really good mood. We headed to Knutsford fair  and straight for the crazy fast spinning ride which was the worst decision ever as I felt ill for 2 hours afterwards! As a roller coaster lover, heights and fast speeds don't bother me but the spinning motion? just no. After the worlds crappiest burger, we left the fair and sunbathed in the park before heading home. To end the day I walked to a beer garden with Charlotte for drink.

I created a colourful eye look today and left my bronze smokey eye comfort zone. I really liked the results and thought I would share with you the products I used.


  


This is the overall look, I fancied a change so I curled my hair, plus I felt mermaid waves kind of went with the eye.


The lower swatch is of the colours I blended to achieve the petrol smokey eye. 

Base: MeMeMe dew pot in autumn smoulder
Inner corner: MAC Vanilla pigment

Lid:
Inner 3rd: Duo-chrome blue/green from an old YSL palette (A similar colour would be something like Tilt from MAC)
Centre: I used the shimmery teal green from my Rimmel quad in 014 Bold behaviour ( a dupe would be Teal or Gulfstream from MAC)
Outer 3rd - MAC Cranberry

Crease: I didn't really define my crease too much to avoid detracting attention from the lid. I used a tiny amount of Kid from MAC to transition the colours.
Lower lashline: I repeated the same colours as on the lid but used my Urban decay 24/7 glide on eyepencil in underground as a base as it is waterproof and will prevent fallout or transfer under the eyes throughout the day.

Mascara: Lancome hypnose star, really need a new one of these, mine has dried up loads!

The finished look:




Here is what the make-up would look like with false lashes. I used Ardell demi pixies as these lashes are quite subtle and so the eyeshadows are still the focus of the look. I chose not to wear lashes with the look as I wanted the look to be more grunge than glamour.











No comments:

Post a Comment