Monday 13 January 2014

Face OTD: Feel my pulse and Naked 2






Face
MAC studio fix fluid NC20
Bourjois healthy mix concealer 52
MAC Golden bronzer
NARS Deep throat blush
NARS Albatross

Eyes
Inner corner - Verve
Lid - YDK
Crease - Busted, Tease
Lashline - Busted
Mascara - L'oreal Voluminous
Brows - MAC Dirty blonde gelcreme and Maybelline Brow Drama gel in Blonde


Lips
MAC Feel my pulse lipstick


After getting stuck in the smokey eye rut I decided to opt for a bright lip today and used Feel my pulse lipstick from MAC's Temperature rising collection. I am absolutely in love with this true violet colour and the formula is one of the more hydrating cremesheens as I find some, especially Creme cup to be very drying on the lips. 

For my eyes I used the Naked two palette which I finally got round to purchasing. Whilst there is much  blogger and Youtuber hype about this product, I am going to be controversial and argue that I have experienced better quality shadows from lower range drugstore brands. Whilst this is a nice palette with a very wearable colour selection, I wasn't blown away by the pigmentation of the shades and I had a lot of fall out from 'chopper' in particular. For the price tag I find this product to be a little over-rated.

Despite my initial dissapointment, I will say that the palette makes it very easy to create a range of everyday eye looks and once built up, the colours are very pretty with YDK, Busted and Verve being my most used shades.

25 comments:

  1. love your necklace!

    xx Angie | http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful! & great post :-)

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Come to check my blog if you r interested :)

    http://beautythroughbrokenglass.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful lady with timeless beauty.


    Come and join my blog's giveaway! Giving away 2 YSl items. :)

    Xx,
    www.Sacosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Xx
      Feel free to follow me on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  5. Your eye make up is beautiful! And that lippy color is gorg!
    -Adara
    adaradella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your entire look! I'll have to try it out one day!

    Make sure you check out my blog post, I do a combination of health, animals and fashion posts weekly :)

    www.laurinawong.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice makeup girl !!!

    www.little-freak.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful makeup.
    You gorgeous*

    Love,
    Vanessa Ribeiro
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are stunning! I can't wait to get the naked palette it looks amazing!

    www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the necklace!

    New post: http://berrytrendy.com/2014/01/18/ready-in-20-minutes/

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful make up. www.shirshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great make up! love the lip color
    http://foureyesval.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice xx

    http://reallyliteral.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful lipstick color :)

    Love Bodil,
    www.Bodil-Lois.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, really liking bright colours at the moment :) xx

      Delete