Monday 14 April 2014

MAC Eyeshadow Collection And Swatches

 L-R: Pigments: Vanilla, Golden olive
Eyeshadows: Top: Texture, Heaux, Carbon, Middle: Kid, Cranberry, Woodwinked, Bottom: Honeylust
Heaux, Honeylust, Texture

Top - Bottom
Texture, Honeylust, Heaux, Cranberry, Woodwinked, Kid



With flash, Last three swatches are Carbon (I know -_-) Golden olive, Vanilla

On the whole I am a huge fan of MAC shadows for their amazing pigmentation and huge range of shades. I have been trying to build up my collection over the last couple of years, at the moment I own Heaux purple grey (Satin) Kid, Light warm beige (Veluxe) and Texture, a Warm orange brown (Velvet) These shades are my favourite blending and crease colours. I also use texture across the lid quite a bit as it really makes green eyes pop.

The shimmery shades I own are Honeylust, a warm gold glitter (Lustre finish) This shade is stunning when used wet alone or over Woodwinked (Veluxe pearl) which will forever be one of my favourites. Cranberry (Frost) makes a nice change from neutral shadows and is perfect for Autumn/Winter smokey eyes.

The pigments were 'borrowed' off my mum, I think they came out in one of the holiday collections? Unfortunately I am still mourning the loss of Tan pigment, which met its tragic end on the bathroom tiles *cries* Golden olive is a beautiful shade and the name is pretty self explanatory, I don't really find myself reaching for this shade though as green smokey eyes isn't a look I do often. Vanilla is similar to NARS Albatross in colour except Vanilla is much more glittery. This pigment makes a gorgeous highlight either on the inner corner or the tops of the cheekbones for a dramatic glow.

Finally can we just talk about what the hell is going on with Carbon, this is my least favourite from MAC, instead of being a pigmented black as the name suggests, this comes off as a dirty grey/green colour. I have seen black eyeshadows that put Carbon to shame from Urban Decay and even Sleek!

I hope you enjoyed this review, Let me know what your favourite MAC eyeshadows are.
xx


11 comments:

  1. I love mac, I have the honeylust too! Great colors darling

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a pretty good collection of MAC eyeshadows. Totally agree with you on the Carbon shadow thing, I've got darker shadows from drugstore products! Oh well, I suppose MAC can't have everything perfect. Do you think you're going to depot them and put them in a palette?

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, I was thinking about depotting the pans but then I'm scared of shattering them, I probably will at some point. :)

      Delete
  3. I love woodwinked x

    Theres a YSL giveaway on my blog, check it out :)

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty shades dear!!
    http://www.indianfashionandlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look sensational! I need to pick up Honeylust! So gorgeous!

    Lovely blog, darling!

    Vieve xx

    www.bonjourvieve.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heey sweetie. Nice blog!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know :)

    With love,
    Vilma

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete